Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Album Picks

I was going to do this earlier, but my intent was to narrow down the albums into a "definitive" top 10 for me. I'm not going to do that, though. So, here's a list of albums I really enjoyed this year.

L'homme Manete - Fest-Noz Commodore (Chiptunes)
L'homme Manete - Gaming Sessions (Chiptunes)
Skip - Ecospheric Escape (Chiptunes)
EvilWezil - s/t (Chiptunes)
Baumer - Were it Not for You (Indie)
Beach House - Devotion (Dreampop)
Crystal Castles - s/t (Electronic/Chiptunes)
Detektivbyran - Wermland (Instrumental)
Dr. Manhattan - s/t (Post-hardcore)
The Foxglove Hunt - Stop Heartbeat (Synthpop)
Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing (Electronic)
Hauschka - Ferndorf (Instrumental/Modern classical)
Hayden - In Field & Town (Folk)
Iqtu - Embarrassing Triangle (Chiptunes)
Kettel - Myam James Part 1 (IDM)
Lights Out Asia - Eyes Like Brontide (Post-rock)
Mamiffer - Hirror Enniffer (Piano/Noise)
of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping (Indiepop)
wang-zhi - MindArtist Soundtrack (Chiptunes)

That's about it. I'll be surprised if Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion can be topped for 2009 -- even though it just begun -- but I'm ready for the new year of music to pick up.

No comments: